If 2020 could have taught us anything, it’s that the world of takeout has had to be reimagined, in the sense that it’s safer, and in most cases, easier, to just order delivery from one of the many food delivery apps available to hungry Buffalonians. Since the Covid lockdown, we’ve seen an explosion in the food delivery industry. Even some local alternatives spring up in the Buffalo, NY area dedicated to serving hungry residents and serving the businesses supplying your meals.
If you’re in downtown Buffalo, a new app has been born out of the Pandemic called appétit—a local web app developed by two businessmen immeshed in the Buffalo Restaurant Industry. Appétit is a zero commission takeout app designed to do away with unnecessary fees, helping you, as the consumer, save money. By default, it also helps to keep money in the hands of restaurant owners. Most apps charge a bevy of unnecessary and last-minute fees, which causes your delivery to cost more while also cutting into the restaurant’s bottom line that you’re ordering from. With appétit, you’ll have access to all the same great downtown Buffalo, NY restaurants that you’re used to ordering from, at a much more affordable and accessible cost.
It’s important in tough economic times to save wherever you can, and also it’s an important time to help support local businesses as well—with appétit, everybody wins. While it’s important to support local businesses, there are also a wide variety of other options if you find the appétit app doesn’t offer the specific restaurant you’re hungry for; we’re going to review all of the best food delivery app options available in downtown Buffalo. So, whether you’re visiting for the weekend or if you’re a native Buffalonian, we hope to shed some light on which food delivery apps are the best.
Learn about the latest food delivery apps
- appétit — appétit is where Buffalonians can book a table or place an order for pickup or delivery at their favorite restaurants in downtown Buffalo. With the latest innovations in the food delivery app industry and the most comprehensive and user-friendly platform, appétit offers a sense of ease that helps you find the right place to sate your hunger. Unlike other food delivery apps, appétit focuses primarily on you, the customer. With a healthy balance of entertaining content, geo-based recommendations, and detail-rich categories to choose from, appétit is an app designed for foodies, by foodies. With the app starting in downtown Buffalo, you can expect a much more tailored experience than some other multi-national food delivery app options.
- Grubhub — Grubhub is a national online and mobile delivery food app and delivery platform that connects customers with local restaurants in an easy-to-use and streamlined fashion. Based out of Chicago, Illinois, Grubhub was founded in 2004 and is one of the longest-running mobile delivery food apps in the United States. Their slogan is “grub what you love,” and with a 4.5-star rating on the app store in conjunction with how long they’ve been operating, Grubhub is one of the best food delivery app options in Buffalo, NY.
- DoorDash — DoorDash was founded in 2013, making the app significantly younger than GrubHub, but they’ve still managed to gain a wide following in urban areas and has become one of the most popular apps that provide food delivery services. In 2019, Doordash overtook the competition and was presented with the top on-demand food delivery service title. Doordash currently boasts a 4.6-star rating on the app store and accounts for a 57% share of sales out of all food delivery app options on the market.
- Uber Eats — Uber Eats is an online and mobile food delivery app and delivery platform launched by Uber Inc. in 2014, just one year shy of DoorDash. App Users can view menus, restaurant reviews and ratings, and order and purchase food from participating restaurants using the app. Uber Eats currently ranks with a 4.3-star rating on the app store and accounts for 23% share of sales in the food delivery industry, playing second fiddle to DoorDash.
- Postmates — Postmates is a food delivery app owned by Uber Inc. and offers local delivery of restaurant-prepared meals and a variety of other goods—including certain personal items and groceries. Postmates currently scores at a 4.1-star rating on the app store and only accounts for roughly 3% of sales in this grouping.
Stay With Us at Ellicott Development
Our staff is willing to help, no matter what the circumstances may be. If you’re visiting Buffalo or Niagara Falls and need accommodations, we’re happy to make arrangements that will suit your needs. Our locations are staffed by dedicated employees who understand their crucial role in our guests’ experiences.
Ellicott Development is a full-service hospitality management company offering hotel development, construction, operations, and marketing expertise. Our current portfolio includes everything from luxury boutique to extended-stay hotels.
Whether you’re planning a Fall Vacation or just need somewhere to stay for the weekend in Buffalo, NY, an Ellicott Hotel is the place you want to be to ensure you’re getting everything there is to offer in the area. We invite you to stay at our Buffalo hotels and share in the magic that is Queen City. For more information, you can call us at 716-854-0060 or visit us online to see available rooms.
Image Source: buryakphoto / Shutterstock