Buffalo, New York, has an electrifying nightlife, especially for those staying at residential developments within the downtown area. Allentown, Chippewa, and Elmwood Village are examples of streets with clusters of pubs, live music Buffalo bars, and comedy clubs that make for easy bar hopping. To enjoy local and national musical artists, visit these popular bars, comedy clubs, nightclubs, and great music venues near Downtown Buffalo.
Bars and Pubs in Buffalo, NY
Buffalo boasts a wide-ranging bar culture with numerous local taverns, pubs, and breweries to fit every partygoer’s needs. For artisanal cocktails during dinner, you’ll find bars all over town. For example;
- The Ballyhoo Bar and Restaurant has an extensive beer list and is known for making classic cocktails such as the Singapore Sling, Sazerac, and Penicillin.
- At the classic presidential-themed pub called The Founding Fathers, patrons get complementary nachos and popcorn as the owner leads trivia nights every month.
- The Billy Club and Whiskey Bar is located in trendy Allentown and offers a variety of craft cocktails. Cathode Ray is one of Buffalo’s popular gay bars in Allentown.
- The Lucky Day Whiskey Bar in the historic Masonic Lodge downtown has a whiskey library wall with 500+ bottles.
Nightclubs in Buffalo, NY
With dance clubs and sleek rooftop venues, Buffalo’s nightclub stays open until 4 a.m. To ensure you take advantage of the action, it’s advisable to rent an apartment in the heart of downtown Buffalo, NY. You’ll be near the following nightclubs:
- At the open-air rooftop Patrick’s Rooftop, a picturesque rooftop bar experience in the heart of the city. Grab a hand-crafted cocktail, and sit back to enjoy live entertainment and delicious food.
- Rec Room is the place to be for a nightclub with all the classic club offerings, like bottle services, events, and karaoke nights.
- The Venue Buffalo is a bi-level downtown club with energetic partygoers enjoying live bands and DJs while sipping cocktails and dancing the night away.
- For Buffalo’s drag performances like the Curtain Up Main Street show and blackout parties, visit Club Marcella.
Live Music Venues in Buffalo, NY
Buffalo is a busy hub for live music. Indoor venues like the Town Ballroom and Mr. Goodbar play host to big-name artists and indie bands almost every weekend.
- The Asbury Hall at Babeville is a stunning restored music hall within a 19th-century gothic-style church. Thanks to its incredible acoustics, Asbury Hall provides a moody backdrop for live shows and independent rock bands.
- Located inside a restored 1940s theater, the Town Ballroom is a legendary venue that’s hosted the likes of Frank Sinatra and the Pretenders. If rock-n-roll is your jam, the Town Ballroom is worth visiting.
- Mr. Goodbar is a bi-level venue in Elmwood Village that’s been operational since 1968. The club hosts live national and local music bands, including stand-up comedy, while serving microbrews and pub snacks.
Comedy Clubs in Buffalo, NY
If it’s your first time in Buffalo, visiting a comedy club is a surefire way to meet new people and enjoy the nightspots like a local. Luckily, Buffalo has a handful of clubs offering improv and stand-up comedy from residents and comedians on tour.
- The Helium Comedy Club is Buffalo’s leading comedy club that has hosted notable comedians like Kevin Hart, including local acts who serve as curtain-raisers.
- You can laugh your heart out for a fee while enjoying drinks and delicious food at western New York’s oldest club, Rob’s Comedy Playhouse.
Stay With Us at Ellicott Development
We advise staying within the Downtown area to ensure you’re in proximity to all live music Buffalo bars and venues. As a full-service hospitality management company, Ellicott Development offers luxury boutique and extended-stay Buffalo hotels that meet your accommodation needs. Whether holidaying in Niagara or planning an extended stay in western New York, contact us today to lease well-maintained Ellicott hotels in Buffalo, NY.
Image Source: vchal/Shutterstock