Property management is one of the most important yet overlooked aspects of owning a rental property. A good property management company can save you time and money by ensuring your asset is well-maintained, properly advertised, and full of tenants ready to pay their rent promptly every month. Ellicott Development in Buffalo, New York, is the premier property management team in the city. We help manage your investment and keep your residents happy.
Read on to learn more about what property managers do for their clients and residents.
What Does a Property Manager Do?
Before we look at the tips on how to choose a property manager in Buffalo, NY, you need to recognize the roles of a property management company. Property managers take care of all aspects of running rental and investment properties, including:
Landlords hire residential property managers to handle their tenants’ issues. They take charge of everything from finding new responsible tenants to setting and collecting rent and paying your rental property’s bills, like insurance. Some also deal with routine maintenance and minor repairs if the contract permits.
Commercial property managers prove helpful for any property owner who has limited time and experience managing their investments. They ensure flawless rent collection and update the property owner with reports about their commercial spaces. A good property management company also safely keeps all financial, administrative, and maintenance records on behalf of building owners. It responds to tenant needs on time, too.
Top Things to Look for in Quality Property Management
When selecting a property manager to help you manage your rental properties, some critical criteria must be satisfied. Here’s what to look for in a property management company in Buffalo, NY:
- Communication equals success. Communication is vital for maintaining great relationships. A good property management company promptly and honestly addresses tenant issues. It has maintenance request forms and other templates on its website ready upon client request.
- Create a system to identify the right tenants. A reliable property manager has a suitable plan for weeding out applicants who are not serious about renting your property and prioritizing those who are. They have a system for screening tenants’ credit history, criminal record, proof of income, and employment status.
- Successful property managers do not procrastinate. The perfect property manager does not put things off or wait for matters to get out of hand to act. They keep their eyes open for any problem that requires attention and provide instant solutions.
- Present a well-prepared, clean, and tidy property. The first impression is everything; a well-presented property is sure to impress. A responsible property manager will ascertain that your investment always looks tidy with clean paint, striking floors, well-maintained roofs, and no clutter.
A property management company with these aspects helps you maximize your investment potential while minimizing risk.
What Does Reliable Property Management in Buffalo, NY Look Like?
With the above tips on finding a property manager, next is what quality management in Buffalo, NY, looks like. A good property management company:
- Has strong partnerships with local vendors
- Keeps an eye on the quality of life and the value of your investment
- Is always updated on matters of real estate
- Has a backing of a team of reliable contractors and in-house staff
- Has experience in managing real estate and construction projects
- Relies on EDC professional expertise for research and project evaluation
Proactive & Dependable Property Management from Ellicott Development
Do you need a company that provides comprehensive property management services for your rental or commercial buildings? At Ellicott Development, we work daily as professional property managers to help our clients maintain successful properties in the Buffalo and Niagara region. We offer several services, including property management, commercial repairs, building consulting, brokerage services, and more. Contact us today, and we’ll answer your questions about finding a property manager with Ellicott Development.
Image Credit: Studio Romantic / Shutterstock