Plan your next business conference
If you’re planning a conference, you’re obviously in a position where your day job is very busy. Your day-to-day involves vast amounts of responsibilities and an already overextended task list. What you don’t have time for is spending days or months researching venues and planning the intricate details of your business conference. If you want to make the process as simple as possible, consider one of our many Ellicott Development Hotel’s Conference Spaces, which are the ideal location for hosting business conferences in Buffalo, NY. Be sure to check out their one-stop shop for Conference Spaces 500 Pearl which offers 6 spaces ranging in size, on-site Aloft Hotel, and bar and restaurants including Buffalo’s highest rooftop bar Patrick’s.
Whether you’re building a realistic event budget, delegating key tasks to the right people on your organizing committee, or figuring out how much space you’ll need—our conference planning checklist will help you make sure you’ve got all your ducks in a row.
Business venue checklist
- Capacity — The first place to start is considering how many potential attendees your event will be hosting and then tracking down a list of potential venues that can accommodate that figure. The best thing about choosing one of our many Ellicott Development Hotels’ Conference Halls is that if it’s a multi-day event, your attendees will have somewhere comfortable and conveniently located to stay once the day’s events conclude. This is particularly beneficial if you have attendees attending the business conference from across the country or even across the world.
- Location — When deciding where you’ll be hosting a business conference, you want to select a metropolitan location with easy transportation to and from the venue. This will allow your attendees to drive, fly, or take the train in from wherever they’re traveling from and will also allow them to have transportation options to and from the airport, trains station, or transportation hubs. Most of our Ellicott Hotels in the Buffalo, NY area are located near transportation hubs and have many different transportation options when going to and from the conference. It also helps to pick a location near scenic locations like Niagara Falls, many different Museums, and many outdoor venues like the Buffalo Botanical Gardens.
- Availability — Arguably, one of the most important aspects of planning a business conference is considering the time of year and season that you’ll be hosting the event. You wouldn’t want to plan a business conference during peak season, holidays, or during the summer; because this could hurt your attendance and also increase the cost of hosting the event, as you’ll be competing with other major events like Weddings, Graduation Celebrations, and many other seasonal events.
- Equipment — You’ll also need to consider what type of equipment you’ll need, and consider whether or not you’ll be using your own, or if you’ll be using whatever equipment the facility provides. If you have guest speakers providing lectures or PowerPoint presentations, you’ll want to ensure the venue is equipped with Audio/Video equipment to accommodate your needs. All of our Ellicott Development Hotels’ Conference Centers offer the latest in presenting equipment, and they’re used to hosting business conferences in the Buffalo, NY area.
- Facilities — Lastly, the facilities are the most important aspect when considering where you’ll be hosting your event. You’ll need to ensure that the Business Venue can accommodate the number of potential attendees you’re expecting—whether it’s a few hundred people or a few thousand. Our Ellicott Development Business Venues offer competitive rates, flexible availability, and a variety of different setups to accommodate the specific needs of your business conference or event. Take a look at the list below to see which of our Buffalo, NY locations can best suit your needs.
List of Event Spaces at Ellicott Development
- 500 Pearl — Grand Aeries (4,525 sq/ft)
- Cocktail – Capacity 565
- Banquet – Capacity 340
- Theater – Capacity 565
- Classroom – Capacity 282
- 500 Pearl — Forbes Theater (4,411 sq/ft)
- Cocktail – Capacity 550
- Banquet – Capacity 270
- Theater – Capacity 775
- Classroom – Capacity 275
- 500 Pearl — The Fuhrmann Room (2,919 sq/ft)
- Cocktail – Capacity 364
- Banquet – Capacity 230
- Theater – Capacity 364
- Classroom – Capacity 182
- 500 Pearl — 1914 Room (1,994 sq/ft)
- Cocktail – Capacity 250
- Banquet – Capacity 160
- Theater – Capacity 230
- Classroom – Capacity 124
- The Mosey Hotel — Conference Room (1,160 sq/ft)
- Cocktail – Capacity 135
- Banquet – Capacity 85
- Theater – Capacity 142
- Classroom – Capacity 73
- 500 Pearl — Exchange Room (1,100 sq/ft)
- Cocktail – Capacity 130
- Banquet – Capacity 80
- Theater – Capacity 137
- Classroom – Capacity 68
Host With Us at Ellicott Development
Ellicott Development is a full-service hospitality management company offering expertise in hotel development, construction, operations, and marketing. Our current portfolio includes everything from luxury boutiques to extended-stay hotels.
Whether you’re planning a big to-do or just need somewhere to stay for the weekend in Buffalo, NY, an Ellicott Hotel is the place you want to host your event. We’ll ensure you’re getting everything your event requires and guarantee it goes off without a hitch. For more information, event center availability, and options, you can call us at 716-854-0060 or visit us online to see available Business Venues.
Image Source: Matej Kastelic / Shutterstock