Determine whether airport parking or rideshare services best suit your travel style.
One of the sticky challenges of air travel is getting to the airport itself. Whether you drive and park or take some type of rideshare, you need reliable transport that suits your itinerary and your budget. Although rideshare options like Uber and Lyft are part of a growing industry that may near $3 billion in revenue by 2030, according to Market Watch, it could be that taking your own car still suits your schedule better.
Pros and Cons of Airport Parking
You may have a number of reasons why you prefer driving yourself to the airport. Perhaps you frequently leave at times when rideshares are scarce, or maybe you like having your car ready to go when you are. Some of the pros and cons of airport parking include:
- Convenience: When you drive your own vehicle to the airport and park in a secure lot, you don’t have to rely on anyone else’s schedule. When you return, your car is waiting for you, eliminating any anxiety over how you will get home.
- Security: Parking your car in an airport lot with state-of-the-art security means your vehicle is very safe. Leaving your car in your garage may seem more secure when you head out of town but no one will be there to keep an eye on it.
- Affordability: If the airport lot features a frequent flyer rate and you travel a lot, you can take advantage of discounted parking that makes air travel more cost effective. Ellicott Airport parking offers the most affordable rates in Buffalo. Our airport parking costs $9.00/day or $54.00/week for self-parking.
Pros and Cons of Rideshare Options
Your rideshare options include shuttle service, a taxi or Uber-type transportation. Rideshare offers you advantages as well as drawbacks, such as:
- Convenience: Your ride will drop you off curbside, but you will still have to organize your luggage and possibly a porter or a self-serve cart.
- Timeliness: You will likely arrive in plenty of time for your flight, but if you are sharing a ride with other travelers, you may have extra time on your hands before your particular flight departs.
- Cost: Ubers, taxis and other ride share services costs can add up especially if you don’t live near the airport. An Uber from the center of Elmwood to the Airport will cost you between $16-33 each way depending on how many people are traveling. An Uber from Hamburg will cost you $30-$60 each way. If you are planning a short trip, Airport parking will likely save you money.
- Door to door service: Private car transport such as Uber will likely return you from the airport to your front door. However, you may have to wait for your ride to arrive once you’ve collected your bags.
Park and Fly in Buffalo with Ellicott
If you’re like the majority of travelers in the Buffalo region, you prefer airport parking to rideshare services. We make it convenient, secure and affordable with the lowest airport parking rates in the area. We also offer a great discount plan. Stop by our website to get all the details, and park with us the next time you fly out of the Buffalo Niagara Airport.