If you’ve “Liked” the Ellicott Development Apartments page on Facebook, you may have recently seen this post talking about some of the top reasons adults ages 55 and older are choosing to ditch the suburbs and trade in their homes for apartments in the city. While there are a plethora of reasons why apartment living might be in your future (we’re looking at you, empty nesters!), here are 9 of the best reasons why you might be happier in an apartment.
- Easier to maintain & a low maintenance lifestyle. Imagine a world where you no longer need to shovel your driveway. Enough said.
- Less time spent cleaning. Less space = less to clean. It’s as easy as that!
- No debt & less risk. Owning a home can be a serious financial burden, laden with debts and risk. Renting an apartment ensures all you have to lose is a security deposit.
- Mentally freeing. Worry less, live more. Do you need to be reminded about not having to shovel?
- Encourages family bonding. Whether they’re helping you move or just exploring city life with your, your family will love to spend time in your new home with you.
- Forces you to remove baggage. Moving from a house to an apartment won’t allow you to keep those old holiday decorations you don’t need anymore. You’ll want to trash your junk before you move.
- Less temptation to accumulate. Less space = less clutter.
- Access to culture, restaurants, and nightlife. Dinner and drinks are just a hop, skip, and a jump away from your new home in the city. Enjoy.
- More YOU time. Apartment living gives you some much needed freedom to live your life the way you want without the burden of home-ownership.
As if these reasons weren’t convincing enough, Ellicott Development has plenty of apartments in our portfolio and is guaranteed to have something that perfectly fits your needs. For more information on EDC apartments, visit https://www.ellicottdevelopment.com/residential/buffalo-apartments/.
What’s YOUR reason for moving from a home to an apartment? Let us know on our social media!