With the first official day of Spring being Sunday, March 20th, Spring is right around the corner here in Buffalo. While we’ve have a mild winter so far, there are still many reasons to look forward to a new season. We’ve found a few events to help you welcome Spring, as well as celebrate once it’s here!
- Buffalo Home Show (March 4-6 & 11-13, Buffalo Convention Center) Join thousands of homeowners in the quest for home improvement. Spring marks the perfect time start planning home improvement projects that go hand in hand with Spring cleaning. Whether you’re looking for an interior designer, a contractor, or just something to do, the Buffalo Home Show has it all in one place.
- Patrick’s Day Parade on Delaware Avenue (March 20, 2:00pm, Delaware Avenue) St. Patrick’s Day in Buffalo is always a sign of Spring. Spend the first official day of the season on Delaware Avenue watching the parade with fellow Buffalonians. Remember, on St. Patrick’s Day everyone is Irish!
- A City of Buffalo Artists Market: Spring Edition (March 24, 4:30pm-9:00, Ellicott Square Building) Join hosts Ellicott Development in the second of A City of Buffalo Artists Market. This Spring edition will feature 56 local vendors, food, and a cash bar, as well as a visit from the Easter Bunny and his friend the Easter Duck! Event sponsors are Sarah Danielle, North American Breweries, Trillium’s Courtyard Florist, Buffalo Magazine, and Ko-Ed Candies.
- Botanical Gardens’ Spring Flower Exhibit (March 19-April 10, 10:00am-5:00pm, Buffalo Botanical Gardens) Stop and smell the roses (literally) at the Spring Flower Exhibit. Beautiful, colorful, and fragrant flowers will be available for viewing. The Easter Bunny will visit the Gardens March 25 & 26 from 10am-5pm.
- Local Restaurant Week (April 11-17, click here for participating restaurants) Biannually, Western New York restaurants offer distinctive prices for the occasion. Enjoy specials and meals at discounted prices coinciding with the year (meals this year will be $20.16). There is no better time to try out new potential favorite local spots than during Local Restaurant Week!